Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Self Drive

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Self Drive

Link to this post 29 Apr 10

Sorry Jan our trip is to Botswana & quite a usual little jaunt for self drivers.
If you look at a map of Botswana you'll see Maun at the "Tip" of the Delta, then in the North tip of Botswana is Kasane. Kasane is in the triangle of Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe.
Livingstone - Zambia &
Kasane - Botswana.

Along the river border with Namibia you have a large area of National parks, Ocavanga Delta, Moremi & Chobe. Khwai is a bushman concession in the area as well.
Savuti & Linyanti are areas of Chobe it is all just one large wildlife area.

Chobe alone is 11,700 square killometres - 4500 square miles.

I'm not sure if that figure also covers Linyanti & Savuti or just the area near Kasane more commonly known as Chobe.

To quote Wikipedia! "Chobe National Park, in northwest Botswana, has one of the largest game concentration on the African continent"
Also claimed to have the largest concentration of elephants in Africa!
(You sure your not joining us Jan?)

Link to this post 01 May 10

Mmmmmmmm - 2 spare seats.
Jan - I think you should go for this one.

Kipper is a gentleman and I am sure he does not mind keeping an eye out on the odd big cat at night when the ladies need to go behind a bush.
Looks like you will have an interesting little safari there.

Link to this post 01 May 10

Me thinks not Cody. At my age, if I am paying thousands of dollars for the experience, it had better have a nice comfy bed and en suite showers (as well as more than peanut butter and jelly or cheese crackers)!
No showers in the toilet for me please

And, if I rode in a vehicle for four plus hours a day, Kipper would have to carry me from vehicle to tent as I wouldn't be able to move.

I'll leave the roughing it to you young bucks who wouldn't have a heart attack if you found a puffy in
your sleeping bag.

Link to this post 04 May 10

Jan! Sorry!
Simba please remove if inappropriate!

Quote Jan:-
I'll leave the roughing it to you young bucks who wouldn't have a heart attack if you found a puffy in
your sleeping bag.

At my age Jan I'd be happy to find a "Puffy" in my sleeping bag!!

Link to this post 04 May 10

Kipper: At least your type of "puffy" isn't poisonous and you'd know it's intention

Link to this post 06 May 10

At last we have a good plan.

2 days North Gate Moremi
3 days Linyanti
6 days Khwai community

I would add this trip has not been easy to plan at such a late date & has required a lot of alterations & amendments to suit the available camp sites!

Our thanks go to Self Drive Adventures based in Maun Botswana for the vehicle hire & without who's help I doubt if I could have strung this trip together.

[URL=http://www.selfdriveadventures.com/index.html]Self Drive Safaris - web site[/URL]

So if you intend to plan a trip, especially self drive try and book a year in advance & NOT just 5 months before your intended trip!

Hey Jan! Pure heaven! 6 days without toilets or showers!!!

We had better have a clean up before the flight home!!!!
Hmm! Could end up with an entire row of seats each though!!