Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Self Drive

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Self Drive

Link to this post 28 May 10

Quote Cody!

I think this will be fun to read how the progress goes, what he rents, equipment of which 60% will be of cameras and fiming gear, the amount of cloths he will take etc.

Aha! Thee knows me too well Sire. Or perhaps a Kipper never changes his spots !?????

I've just bought an Ex Police head camera. It is new & part of an over order.

So watch Youtube you could see the lion that was the last lion that Kipper ever saw!!

Link to this post 29 May 10

I haven't read all the posts.......so you might be aware already

First of all: GOOD you make it back to Africa Kipper!

Please be aware of the extrnely high water levels in the delta, Chobe and also Lower Zambesi!

Double check!

Link to this post 30 May 10

I received a number of emails & photo's from friends last year about river beds dry for 10+ years that are now flowing, the Zambesi was high last September.

I hope that the seasonal water level, although higher than normal will still be manageable around the Khwai & Linyanti Channels I hope so as part of the reason for this trip is to film the herds passing into the reed beds each day.

Kipper Quote
the reason for this trip is to film the herds passing into the reed beds each day.

Huh Pompous old sod!

For those that don't know me my trips are when I become a little boy again & enter a world of "Make-believe"
I'm the top BBC wildlife cameraman & David Attenburro all in one.

I get to play with my "Big boys toys" & live in cloud cookoo land for two weeks.

Lady Kipper indulges me in my little games!.... At least till we board the aircraft home!

The following thread gets updates by different folks.........

http://www.fodors.com/community/africa-the-middle-east/expected-flood-levels-for-2010.cfm

Link to this post 31 May 10

The road to fame for Kipper - lion attack and then the camera went blank.
Is the camera one that also works at night?

It must be fully automatic as you cannot chnage the focus on the head etc.
Have you tried this new toy yet in the local woods?