Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
The beautiful Kenyan Coastal Reef – sadly disappearing!

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Marine Life & Diving The beautiful Kenyan Coastal Reef – sadly disappearing!

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

The beautiful Kenyan Coastal Reef – sadly disappearing!

Link to this post 27 Jan 11

I think KWS should hire and train fisherman who are the only people who seem to know the reef and ocean creatures well (like they sometimes hire ex-poachers on the land) to function as a new breed of marine reserve rangers.

I know, I know... they are sometimes the worst offenders of the reef\\\'s ecological health - but many times this is due a lack of education and a desperate need for an income by any means. As they see their livelihoods vanishing before their eyes, perhaps some would join KWS to return or at least stop the reef\\\'s destruction and get a regular paycheck for efforts.

(KWS could also train them in basic swimming, as I have several times seen tourists rescue fisherman \\"drowning\\" in calm and shallow waters!)

By the way, Cody, my mother\\\'s \\"family\\" comes from Napoli, and I sometimes have resorted to pretending to be Italian in Malindi. I\\\'ve have the displeasure of being confronted twice by gangs of thugs at night and when I speak to them forcefully in strong, no-nonsense Italian - they back off - perhaps, for respect for the \\"family\\"?

I was joking around with a friend of mine who owns a Croc Farm and I said \\"we should go into business together, I could be a mafia hit-man and your croc friends could dispose of the evidence\\" (bodies). Ha!
Just kidding of course. Ciao!

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Marine Life & Diving The beautiful Kenyan Coastal Reef – sadly disappearing!