Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Back to Botswana

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Back to Botswana

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Back to Botswana

Link to this post 22 Jun 09

Farewell fellow bushdrummers - we leave this evening for Southern Africa and will arrive on Wednesday morning. We chose to use Wilderness Safaris (again) because of the family tents available, as we are taking our 13 year old nephew.

We'll be at the following camps -
Chitabe Lediba(Okavango Delta)
Duma Tau(Linyanti region)
Muchenje(Chobe)
Toka Leya (Vic Falls area)
Then on down to Cape Town

Trip report to follow.

Many happy landings to you and yours!
Have exceptional experiences and the most memorable time in AFREE-KAH!

Safe trip! I am jealous...........

Vee, I am sure you will have a great time!! Enjoy it!!

drop us a line - when back - how it was.

Pippa, I think we are all jealous

Just checking back in - this waiting is driving me nuts. This is what I get for being packed and ready to go four weeks ago. This trip has been over a year in the making adding in the mix, our nephew - well I really won't believe its happening until we are off the ground on the commuter flight to Los Angeles. I think his mother is extremely brave to let him go as she thinks we're crazy in our love of Botswana. And I have the rep of being the wacky auntie.

Trip reports and postings here have kept me well fed - now we go to feast.

Going back to recheck bags and pace...

Link to this post 23 Jun 09

VeeR
we took our nephews from Germany to Disneyworld, Key Largo and Key West in 1992 (2 weeks) when they were 10 years old. (presents for their first communion)
We also considered both parents extremely brave because we ourselves have no children. We handled them with care but made them to obey "our" rules.
Everything worked fine. We got them back to their parents in one piece and they still cherish some souvenirs, pics and tapes from that trip. They turn 27 this summer

Have a great trip and return safely!

Link to this post 23 Jun 09

Have a great trip VeeR, enjoy a youngsters outlook on life.
And remember!
Being an adult means that you can enjoy being a child!

Best Wishes, Great trip, our friendship travels with you!