Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Camera gear & flights!

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Camera gear & flights!

Link to this post 16 Feb 11

Don't worry Kat there was never any thought about you demeaning my equipment!!!!

Thanks for the tip I will enquire at the airline about it & it does always amaze me the size & amount of some of the so called carry ons!

Link to this post 17 Feb 11

B&H Photo in new york has a lot of camera bags to look at , I have one that is carry on size and it is still not big enough if you have the larger lens that is why i hate when i have to travel alone because all your equipment does need to stay with you. going back to uganda in may and i will get to do a couple days of safari so i need a larger lens but i am also going to work at a school and hospital so i want to take supplies and that takes up my two checked bags so i have to get everything i need into my carry on it will be hard. and this 200 usd for an extra bag is robbery. most airlines allow the 22 inch carry on. south africa and nambia , botswanna those areas are bad from what i read all they want you to take is soap and a couple pair of clothes on your safari forget the cameras, that is why i have not gone yet. I need to loose weight so my clothes won't be as heavy

Link to this post 17 Feb 11

Joyce make an enquiry with the airline you may be able to carry extra because of the voluntary work but I'm not sure if you actually have to work for a charity.

I know for sure some airlines allow this.

Link to this post 18 Feb 11

the best way to increase your baggage allowance is to go through your wife's luggage and chuck out all the junk she considers essential.

If that isn't enough, I would get an aluminum box with pad-locks, well lined with cushioning (inside of course).

Probably worth looking into an additional insurance just in case someone walks off with the entire box.

However, this would really be my last option because the risk of theft is extreme.

Another alternative is something that doesn't seem to be worth a lot. A wooden box or something similar that appears to contain spare parts or so. Especially if you are not intending to bring the equipment back home, the advantage is that you can dispose it there.

Link to this post 18 Feb 11

I think that those who pilfer airline baggage get their information from xray machines, I had a faulty camcorder in the bag, was the only bag on the flight that was pilfered, our other identical bag was untouched.

All my gear is noted in a special insurance.