Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
What currency to take?

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

What currency to take?

Link to this post 16 Dec 06

Pippa:

Thanks much. I do believe that is what we call a padlock. I have small ones with four number dials that you can set that I use for my luggage. Think I get two larger ones to try using on the tent zips. Great idea. Thanks much

Jan

Original von pippa
Original von Jan
Pippa:

Can you explain the lock a little better. Is it a padlock (like we used to put on school lockers) where the hooked end would fit through all three of the tent zip pulls?and then locked with a key? I'm not positive of your description of the ""lock which can be used to lock doors.

Great suggestion though. Guess I would need one for the front zip and one for the back zip (and hope that I don't have to get up quickly during the night to pee :T)!.

After my little episode I was so grateful for all the rest of the staff did to try to find this guy - even tracking in the bush at night with elephants and lions around!

sorry jan, i looked it up in the dictionary and it says "scraper" . i try to explain:

solid metal thing with a kind of moveable hook which can be locked/opened by using a matching key! i think you are right with this school locker thing! we carry always some spare lockers in order to have the matching one with us because the zippers not all have the same measurements regarding the hole in the zip!
oh my goodness it's not so easy to explain such hardware stuff

at least it gives you a feeling of safety!

pippa

yup, padlock (German=Vorhängeschloss) is the one

Original von Carsten
yup, padlock (German=Vorhängeschloss) is the one

genau carsten! jetzt hab ich wieder was gelernt: padlock!!! i won't forget that one - for sure!

thanks jan for the new vocabulary: padlock! excellent! will there be ever a day that one doesn't learn anything new!?
that's the salt in the soup!

have a great 3rd advent !

by the ways: jan do you have this ADVENT (4 sundays prior to Xmas when we lit candles: #1 on the first sunday, #2 on the second and so forth?) or equivalent in the states?

pippa

Pippa:

If a day comes when we stop learning - we might as well give up. Glad you learned a new phrase.

Advent isn't a big thing here. Things have gotten so commercial it is sickening. At work we have about 20 poor families that each department buys Christmas gifts for. The head of household makes out a wishlist for the employees to choose from. Now they want Gameboys with $30.00 games, computers, Ipods, etc instead of pajamas, pants, shirts, shoes, etc. Makes one feel like Scrooge, BAH HUMBUG, and want to go back to the "good old days" when it was a religious holiday where family gave 1 or 2 gifts and that was it.

You have a blessed 3rd Advent also.

Jan

Original von Jan
Pippa:

If a day comes when we stop learning - we might as well give up. Glad you learned a new phrase.

Advent isn't a big thing here. Things have gotten so commercial it is sickening. At work we have about 20 poor families that each department buys Christmas gifts for. The head of household makes out a wishlist for the employees to choose from. Now they want Gameboys with $30.00 games, computers, Ipods, etc instead of pajamas, pants, shirts, shoes, etc. Makes one feel like Scrooge, BAH HUMBUG, and want to go back to the "good old days" when it was a religious holiday where family gave 1 or 2 gifts and that was it.

You have a blessed 3rd Advent also.

Jan

i know exactly what you are talking about! we even gave up buying (is this a gerund?) presents for our nieces who live a good 200 k's from us!
and kai and myself stopped buying presents at least 10 years ago! very relaxing christmas now! and my mother gets our time means i travel europe with her at least 2 - 3 times a year!

in the earlier days when we bought some we always heard "oh sorry, we have got that already" or "i would have appreciated rather the blue instead of the green such and such". once we reached a point and stopped sending presents alltogether!

in duesseldorf (big city at the river rhine) they have introduced some nice "wish trees" at the christmas markets! there orphaned kids hang a label with their wish and a visitor to that tree takes the label, gets the gift and delivers to the orphanage! and these wishes are between 10 and 20 € the equivalent of 13 to 25 US$

you too - enjoy the weekend!

pippa

Link to this post 17 Dec 06

Pippa:

I love the idea of the "wish tree" for the ophans. Helps the kids and makes you feel like you are making a difference - not encouraging greediness.