Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
KLM

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

KLM

Link to this post 11 Nov 07

Pippa:

Do you by any chance know what is going on with KLM. KLM and Northwest Airlines are "sister" companies. I just booked my February flight today Boston-Amsterdam-Nairobi. As a NW frequent flyer I was able to select my choice of seats, but KLM won't allow us to select seats from Amsterdam-Nairobi and return and just assigns them. This really upsets me and I'm considering cancelling my tickets and flying with someone else. This will be my 13th trip with NW-KLM and I don't understand why they won't let their Elite travelers book seating in advance. Do you have any ideas or pull with KLM?

Link to this post 11 Nov 07

Original von Jan
Pippa:

Do you by any chance know what is going on with KLM. KLM and Northwest Airlines are "sister" companies. I just booked my February flight today Boston-Amsterdam-Nairobi. As a NW frequent flyer I was able to select my choice of seats, but KLM won't allow us to select seats from Amsterdam-Nairobi and return and just assigns them. This really upsets me and I'm considering cancelling my tickets and flying with someone else. This will be my 13th trip with NW-KLM and I don't understand why they won't let their Elite travelers book seating in advance. Do you have any ideas or pull with KLM?

jan,
regrettably i cannot help in any way! i don't do anything with klm for one simple reason: they have got a luggage forwarding problem at AMS airport! every second traveller misses luggage either in nairobi or joburg or kilimanjaro. therefore i don't recommend them at all. because it's not fun to travel a country an your luggage comes always one day later to the spot you just left for the next destination - if they deliver at all!

what about your travel agent in case you book via an agent and not exclusively via the net?
have you contacted the AMS office customer relations?

i would guess if you tell them exactly what you wrote here they will react allowing you to get the seat booked firmly.

http://www.klm.com/travel/de_de/travel_information/customer_support/contact_us/index.htm

sorry that i cannot do anything here. jan, would love to here what comes out of this. but i remember that you had the same problem with your august-trip.
just go ahead and contact them!

good luck!

Link to this post 12 Nov 07

Pippa:

Thanks for the link. I have written them tonight and will see if they are able to help. If not, I've gotten a phone number in the US from that website and will try them.

Some airlines have stopped doing this for some reason.
As a service we at time book peoples seats in advanvce and I have just tried booking a seat with Emirates from USA to Rome and then to Dubai - came up with a message that they did not allow the seats from the US to Rome to be booked in advance...
With KLM I have never had such problem in the past.

Maybe it could be a security issue Jan before you call it a day with KLM; as far as I know KLM are at the moment one of the best frequent flyers into Kenya and TZ.
Hope you work it out.

Original von Nico
Some airlines have stopped doing this for some reason.
As a service we at time book peoples seats in advanvce and I have just tried booking a seat with Emirates from USA to Rome and then to Dubai - came up with a message that they did not allow the seats from the US to Rome to be booked in advance...
With KLM I have never had such problem in the past.

Maybe it could be a security issue Jan before you call it a day with KLM; as far as I know KLM are at the moment one of the best frequent flyers into Kenya and TZ.
Hope you work it out.

hi nico,
regarding klm to tz:
from germany you can fly CONDOR directly which credits the miles to LH miles and more. and believe it or not: for 30.000 miles you get an upgrade from eco to business on a flight DUS to CPT vv!! that in euro terms is about 3000€!
klm from germany means flying up to AMS and wait for ages for your connecting flight or too short transfer times means losing luggage and then flying down again to nairobi or kilimanjaro.

one more options would be swiss, emirates (aweful dubai airport! for hours as well). not to mention BA and getting stranded in london due to terrorism threads which might occure again.

but from the states east africa is quite a trip![/color]

it's not so easy to choose the right airline

Link to this post 14 Nov 07

When I lived in London travelling around was great and cheap.
Return flight to NY was around from 200.00 to 300.00 poiunds round trip!
Kenya or TZ more or less the same.
Even now on the internet there are gteat deals from the UK but from Italy it is Crazy!

The prices to Africa are too high for the high season; have to try and organise maybe over Easter or just before so I can take my daughter oput of school for 5 days... not easy but letting kids re experince Africa opens their eyes and gives them an incredible amount of experince - somethimes more than 5 days of school can give.
I will be sure to try and act faster next time but it is not easy in my business.