Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Is there an easy way to send cash to Kenya?

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Internal Is there an easy way to send cash to Kenya?

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Is there an easy way to send cash to Kenya?

Link to this post 10 Apr 08

Has anyone on bushdrums found an easy way to send money to Kenya?

On three occasions over the past year I have tried via Western Union (both via their website and on the phone) to send money to a friend in Kenya. On all three occasions they refused to send it "due to security reasons). I can't get an answer from the company as to what these "security reasons" mean and why they will not send it.

I hear M-Pesa (through Safaricom) is good within Kenya but you have to go to their Kenyan offices to do it.
I don't know how reliable Moneygram and iKibo are so I hesitate to use them.

If anyone has a tried and true way, please share the information with me. I've been told sending a check is out of the question as people in the postal service have intercepted checks in the past and even changed the amount before cashing them in, and the party that should have received it never got it (knowledge from a well respected wildlife conservation organization).

I would have recommended Western Union.... !!

Original von Nico
I would have recommended Western Union.... !!

I know PayPal comes in for a lot of criticism but as you send the money to an email address then the recipient states where it is to be deposited, I see little problem except both parties require an email address, a PayPal account (can be opened on line)
& a bank or credit card account.

Link to this post 11 Apr 08

Thanks guys. I'll look further into Paypal and see if it is possible to Kenya.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Internal Is there an easy way to send cash to Kenya?