Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Meru National Park - Off the beaten track in Kenya?

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information FAQs for your trip to Africa Meru National Park - Off the beaten track in Kenya?

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Meru National Park - Off the beaten track in Kenya?

Link to this post 26 Mar 09

Thanks a lot, Cody! Your PM was a big help! Currently my plans are to visit Meru NP and Samburu, head further north to Turkana, climb Mount Kenya on the way back to Nairobi and visit Amboseli or Tsavo at the end of my trip. But of course this could change again and again before starting! There's 5 weeks in total and I'm looking forward so much! Could start tomorrow !

Link to this post 27 Mar 09

You will have the best time. July and August is also a good time of year if you do not like rain.
From your PM - your way of travelling is very similar to mine and Simba. We used to travel quite a lot when we were knee hight to a grasshopper living in Kenya and the most luxury bed was the roof of a 4x4. Great days -
You plans sounds really good and I have done that path. I am sure you will come back with a great smile.
Feel free to ask any questions.... make sure to take good mosquito netting and skin repelant as you will be driving in areas where they hover around you - especially at night.

Link to this post 27 Mar 09

Meru has wonderful landscape but this damn elephant grass.........which makes sightings pretty tricky.
but if you are not just chasing big game (black rhino sanctuary is there as well!") you might very well appreciate that park.
Elsa's is my favourite!

Happy Planning!

Link to this post 28 Mar 09

Thanks Pippa! I've been on Elsa Kopje's website before - absolutely fantastic but I regret it's not my budget . Cody, that's exactly how I like to travel with a comfortable accommodation from time to time! There's a hundreds of questions more I fear - I'll let you know !

Link to this post 29 Mar 09

Toby
Don't be shy: Just write to them and ask for "specials".
Based on the vital fact that camps remain almost empty due to the economic crisis they might me more than willing to grant a good rate

Link to this post 30 Mar 09

Ciao Tobi -

No worries; every qiestion asked and answered is an eye opener for all of us. We all have different ideas, ways to travel and budgets.
As long as you have a great time...

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information FAQs for your trip to Africa Meru National Park - Off the beaten track in Kenya?