Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
"Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Said Cody!

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Internal "Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Said Cody!

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

"Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Said Cody!

Link to this post 20 Mar 09

Well friends, less than 24 hours before I depart the cold wet world that is England, bound for the tropics.
First stop Australia for a week followed by two weeks in the Rainforests of Sumatra with anti logging & Tiger Conservation patrols.
There is little chance of Tiger sightings but I would be over the moon with a pug mark!
Who knows what my camera traps may catch! Clouded Leopard would be just fantastic!

The main aim of the trip is to wake up to the sound of Gibbons singing, for me it beats any man made music & is up there with the roar of a lion as you lay in your tent or the booming of Ground Hornbills accompanied by the Morning Dove. Sounds that for me send tingles down to my toes. Sorry Jan but after my last trip to Botswana I've had enough of rumbling elephants just outside the tent to last me a hundred trips!

I hope to be back in Africa later in the year but for now it is time for a change.

Link to this post 21 Mar 09

Kipper:

I hope you have a fantastic trip and achieve all your dreams.

What type of sound equipment are you taking with you? Or will your ears be doing all the recording of the gibbons serenading you? I wonder if there is a fairly inexpensive recorder that works well. I still haven't been able to get good recordings of the lions either with a small tape recorder or video camera microphone.

If you have any luck, please let me know with what type of equipment.

Bon voyage!! Have a swinging good time.

Link to this post 23 Mar 09

Hello Kipper,

wish you a wonderful trip! When you go to Sumatra where are you doing the anti logging and tiger conservation patrols? Kerinci Seblat / Gunung Leuser? I don't know whether you are interested in primates but if you go to Gunung Leuser you shouldn't miss the orang utans...! It's a wonderful experience!!!

Have a safe trip and great recordings !!!

Link to this post 24 Mar 09

Finally he is gone... at least we have Bushdrums to ourselves without good old Kipper... glad he put this Yiippppeeeeee - on my behalf.

Jan - Kipper is actually quite a handy man with Cameras and all that kind of strange equipment that makes all this noise, funny sounds and lights. Being a Bushman - I stick to the old fashioned things but Kipper is slowly changing my mind with all the videos and night clips I have seen of animals.

He knows quite a lot of this stuff as I understand that he may be starting / or has a little business with technolgical equipment; you may wish to contact him about this this kind of information and what is best to use.

Well Kipper - if you have time to read this at some airport.... okay - here we go... its hard to say but.... have a great time and keep safe. Okay - I said it.

I hope you enjoy all the sounds of nature that give all of us "The buzz" of life.
Look forward having you back on line soon.

Link to this post 26 Mar 09

aha! ..... Sorry! Peace & quiet does not come that easy!

32c here in Australia at present, using an American layout key board, struggling!
5 days in Gunung Leuser NP & 5 days in kerinci NP home stays & camping, Tobi. Orangs are high on the list but nothing beats a Gibbon morning chorus before the sun rise!

Jan the kit i'm using is ready available in the US, i'll email on my return.

Link to this post 26 Mar 09

5 days Gunung Leuser & 5 days Kerinci Seblat - I'm jealous ! You have to tell us when you're back! Enjoy the orangs, gibbons and their noises !

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Internal "Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Said Cody!