Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Who do you fly with to Africa?

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information FAQs for your trip to Africa Who do you fly with to Africa?

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Who do you fly with to Africa?

Link to this post 31 May 09

I have been looking at getting good / best deals to fly from Rome to Kenya and decided to look on our site - not much info here on which airlines to use so I thought to ask all of you -

Who do you use to fly from your country to Africa?
Please let us know so that I can place this information on the site - this way we can all refer to the company.
Do not worry if your destination is Boston to Jburg - which ever city you come from to where ver you go.
Do not be embarrased to comment if you think the carrier provided a poor service.

Could be interesting.

http://www.travelsource.org/home/

Without them, I don't know how I would get from Frisco to Kenya... and back again, when necessary. Do make sure you communicate and negociate with a agent by phone or email - the prices are more expensive 'online'. They are definetly 'on Africa time' and this is not 'first class service', but they do always find me the best fare.

British Airways is my usual carrier, given their consistent low fares and flexibility in travel changes.

Ethiopian Airlines.

It's by far the cheapest from Germany and flies to Dar, Nairobi, Entebbe, Kigali, etc. via Addis Ababa. Its schedule is reliable, the service good, at least good enough for me !

Link to this post 01 Jun 09

Northwest Boston - Amsterdam
KLM - Amsterdam - Nairobi

While on the subject of flights, does anyone know why the Kenyan government decided that no international carriers are allowed to fly to Mombasa direct? Only ones I've heard of are charter flights. All others are direct to Nairobi.

Thank you for this information bushdrummers; I will now start to see how best to have this on our easy and very user friendly - super comprehendible website.... READ that Simba... ahahaha still trying to get to learn the swings of this after a couple of years! Maybe by 2030 I will have the hang... no offence Mr Cigar smoking beach programmer

Those that fly from the USA - Delta have opened up a new route as well to Kenya. You may have to fly in via Atlanta however you may look into this as well for the future.

My first trip to Africa I used British Airways. Coming from Los Angeles, it was nice to be off the plane and be able to walk around Heathrow at the half-way point of the journey. I garnered a few flier points too.

The next time we flew to Washington DC and then took South African. Those extra five hours on the SA flight were just too much for me.

Now I play the flier points game with BA. I book directly, but do watch and wait for sales on top of using my points.