Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Client or Guest?

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Client or Guest?

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Client or Guest?

Link to this post 31 Jan 10

During our last trip to Zimbabwe we were guinea pigs for a new venture.
Luxury Private Tented Moblie camping.....& Yes..... WOW!!

3 attendants & 2 guides! Benson & Humphrey.

Much meriment when I mentioned we were clients! This led to a major discussion as for them only "Ladies of the night" had clients so we were guests.

Now for me we were guided by Benson we were his Clients & as it was Humphrey's camp we were his Guests.

So are you Clients of your guide & guests of the Lodge or guests of both?

Your opinions please!

Link to this post 31 Jan 10

Ok, my dictionary says:

client
noun
1 a person or organization using the services of a lawyer or other professional person or company : insurance tailor-made to a client's specific requirements.
• a person receiving social or medical services : a client referred for counseling.
• (also client state) a nation that is dependent on another, more powerful nation.
2 Computing (in a network) a desktop computer or workstation that is capable of obtaining information and applications from a server.
• (also client application or program) a program that is capable of obtaining a service provided by another program.
3 (in ancient Rome) a plebeian under the protection of a patrician.
• archaic a dependent; a hanger-on.
DERIVATIVES
clientship | noun
ORIGIN late Middle English : from Latin cliens, client-, variant of cluens ‘heeding,’ from cluere ‘hear or obey.’ The term originally denoted a person under the protection and patronage of another, hence a person “protected” by a legal adviser (sense 1) .

I think that makes very clear that a Client "enjoys" a certain service, no matter what type. From personal protection, financial protection, lawyer, ...
I think one can say that you are Clients of a guide but also "lady of the night". I guess one can see a certain dependency in that as well

For Humphrey you would certainly be Guests unless he also cooked for you or did other physical work on top of the accommodation.

It is amazing how definitions differ from place to place despite having the same language, isn't it?

Link to this post 12 Feb 10

Guest - full stop.

I will always use the word guest in my business as client is so commercial.
A guests sounds better and gives the idea of more personal service.

A guest you look after with you heart - a client is more someone you look after commercially.

One big problem - what do you call Kipper who comes and stays with you.....?????

Link to this post 13 Feb 10

Call me client, call me guest, just don't call me late for bush dinner.