Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
safari

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

safari

Link to this post 12 Jun 10

Joyce: I'm so glad you are home safe and sound AND had a wonderful time. After you've rested
a bit please write in some more depth about your trip. We would love to hear more!

So good to hear you had a great trip Joyce.
The people of Uganda are special aren't they?........ & the Goillas!

Great to have you back an nice to read positive feed back on Africa.
Must have been a wonderful feeeling to wake up every morning and face the day!

I guess Jan is next on the trip, then Jane, followed by Kipper and then me...

Joyce - if you enjoyed the places where you stayed, the agent used and lodges etc write a small travel report naming thm, their compny and website and we will be hppy to help promote than on this site. This way others can contact them directly and have the same wonderful feeling on Africa -

Link to this post 14 Jun 10

Cody, when are you going? We are in count down mode now. Have been watching movies with Casey to help him understand where we are going, the animals and landscape. He is becoming more and more involved and anticipating the adventure. He's watched Out of Africa, Born Free, To Walk with Lions, the Imax Serengeti and something else which escapes me right now. I've also shown him some of the current videos that Jan and others have posted here--the poaching horrors, etc. so that he has an understanding of the problems.

Additionally, we just watched The Diary of Anne Frank as we are stopping in Amsterdam on the way home and will take him to her hiding place there.

I think this will be an important trip for him as he develops into manhood.

Today there was a problem in Nairobi but, hopefully, it is not going to develop further. It'll be interesting to see if the State Dept. puts out any kind of notification.

Link to this post 14 Jun 10

Jane: I doubt that further problems will develop either, but one thing I started doing when the clashes were going on all over Kenya was register with the State Department at: https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/ui/

Once I registered they sent me Warden reports of where the problems were and areas to stay away from before I left. This helped allay my husbands and my fears. The SXS guides also knew which roads were OK to drive on and which were not. I worried for nothing.

However, I have continued to register all my trips on the above site "just in case". For destination you could just put SXS's Mombasa address rather than try to register all your camps since they will know where you are and when.