Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Bushdrums.com - Prize

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Wildlife Protection Bushdrums.com - Prize

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Bushdrums.com - Prize

Link to this post 28 Aug 07

From Jan and Pippa's comments – on driving in parks etc.

I have the following idea.

We have the Bushdrums.com logo -

What do you think if we have a small vote / or opinion from you who have done safaris lately and from the comments that we have received over the year of which perhaps is the "best" lodge / camp that we at bushdrums think should be awarded our bushdrums prize for

Safety on animals including drivers out in the park
Environment
Quality and professionalism – basically what we stand for?

I need to get items printed for my company and I am willing to get some stickers printed etc and cover the expenses with the Bushdrums logo where we can send this to who we think should be the “winner” for this year 2007?

Carsten - you have worked on the logo and I have some blue prints at my printers; we can work on it, send it out to Jan, Pippa, Kipper, Bwanamich to see what they think and when it is a green light from all of us - I will get them printed.

What do you think - ? Good idea? Maybe this can slowly start allowing us to get recognised?
Maybe we can also send this to some lodges / camps who do not win but we want to have recognised?

I would like to crack onto something like this. It is also a small way to get out into the open seeing that these wonderful NGO’s that takes everyones taxes do not even bother to answer when called upon or sent e mails to help us out.

Bushdrummers – any comments - ?
I think this is directly down Jan, Pippa and Kippers line – Carsten / Bwanamich – new bushdrummers…?

Sounds good to me Nico!

A sort of Bushdrummers Michelin award!

We'd need to set a standard to work to, otherwise we would be all over the place, we all have our own standard of excellence!

kipper

I agree with kipper that we need to define a standard that lodges/camps have to fulfill in order to be nominated.
We then look through the lodges/camps listed on bushdrums and nominate all those that comply.
I can then make a vote in which I list the nominated lodges/camps and everybody (including visitors or not) can vote for their favourite.

The result would be a winner for 2007 and a list of those that were nominated.
Hence we can make one sticker for the winner of 2007 and another sticker saying something like "nominated as top-ecolodge 2007"

As we proceed with the idea I shall prepare the graphic for the sticker.

I agree - that is what I meant to say; one winner and the others a sticker that says perhaps they comply to what we are about?
Very good pint on setting a standard to what we believe they should comply with.

"Bushdrums.com Eco Award" - or "Bushdrums.com Wildlife Award" - ???

you guys have really good outputs!
nico, superb idea and i think it will function and kipper/carsten excellent add-ons!
and don't forget the area: should it be only east africa all all over?
very well done guys!

Link to this post 29 Aug 07

Hi Guys and Pippa:

I would like to see it taken even a step further. Why? Because almost every lodge or camp has funds with which to make their improvements for the lodge itself and, if lucky, the environment. The lodges/camps don't DIRECTLY effect wildlife - they may effect the enviroment, good or bad.

The people I think we also want to think about giving awards to, whether it be a sticker for their bumper, or what - is those careful caring driver/guides who do things correctly - who give way to allow wildlife to cross the roads - who won't contribute to more congesting vehicles in a given area just to watch a sleeping lion - who ask their guests politely to be quiet when close to a wild animal - who don't speed around a park or reserve - who will stop to pick up bottles, cans and plastic. These unsung heroes are the ones that need our input and to know that we truly appreciate the way they carry out their work days. Perhaps a bushdrums award on a few vehicles would encourage other driver/guides to be more careful and respectful of the way they treat/mistreat wildlife.

Just a thought.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Wildlife Protection Bushdrums.com - Prize