Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
War in Congo

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

War in Congo

Link to this post 08 Nov 08

It was alwas my dream to visit Virunga National Park... Even when it just makes me angry: Under

[URL=http://www.gorilla.cd/blog]http://www.gorilla.cd/blog[/URL]

you can follow the latest developments and donate for a good thing!

Link to this post 11 Nov 08

I know the feeling - I lived there for 3 years...

Link to this post 14 Nov 08

The worst thing is that the UN doesn't seem to be capable of acting - once again! Don't misunderstand me! I can't give you any good solution, but the western world doesn't seem to have any other pattern than disregarding. Imagine things like that would happen in the Middle East...

Nico, what made you live there?

Link to this post 17 Nov 08

Well said Tobi - you are correct. However if there was lots of oil and deals to be made.....
I went there with my dad for work - but the risk was too high to live there. We were based in Gbadolite. The place is completely destroyed now.

Link to this post 29 Nov 08

tobi,
you are right!
but the Un has shown in the past (ruanda e.g.) that's a teethless tiger!

pippa

Link to this post 30 Nov 08

What they do now is sending another 3000 UN soldiers. The locals laugh at them, because they aren't able to protect the population or cope with the situation and only seem to administer the chaos. How could they? The North Kivu province is as big as France and 17000 (soon 20000 peace keeping blue helmets) are hopelessly overstrained. The UN doesn't want to change the mandate of its troops. There's too much profit for the western world: resources which are the main reason for the area's conflict, can be mined and bought for very little money, weapons that are delivered, etc. Ethnical conflicts are present but don't seem to be the main reason!