Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Whales in Maui - A dream

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Marine Life & Diving Whales in Maui - A dream

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Whales in Maui - A dream

Link to this post 11 Jan 09

Ciao to the Bushdrummers

If any of you have ever had a chance to be see at close range or jump into the sea and listen to the singing of the Humpback Whales - you will know what I am talking about.
I went out with the Pacific Whale Foundation in Maui a few days ago and had the most incredible time learing about these gentle giants of the Ocean.
Having the whales breach, fluke and play close by is a memory I will cherish for a long time.

From December through to March they migrate to the Pacific Islands of Hawaii to give birth and breed - and there was not one day that we do not see them. From our accommodation on the beach - Gin and Tonic in hand as the sun was setting (on a daily basis - Kipper would have been very proud of me); I enjoyed watching them play 200 yards from the shore line.....

Being more familiar with wildlife and seeing animals on land - as a first timer to see something completely different can only impress and teach us that there is a lot out there to see and learn.
To think that these gentle giants are hunted and in danger of survival....???

Link to this post 11 Jan 09

Thanks for sharing your awesome experience Nico.

My husband has a small 21 foot fishing boat and goes out on the Atlantic Ocean in New England during the summer months for some relaxed catch and release fishing. They often have humpback and pilot whales circling around their boats. Like you, they love watching them. Gentle giants they certainly are!

Are you now done with your galivanting and home and back at work? Don't forget to do a trip report - even though it wasn't Africa this time. I do hope you'll be able to get back to Kenya next trip.

Link to this post 12 Jan 09

Thanks Jan - I am back but is was also some work as the USA is my biggest market. I really enjoyed it.
Oh yes - Kenya is next as I am getting serious Africa fever and withdraw symptoms.......

Your husband does similar fishing as I do!
Will get a trip report done -