Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
South Africa: Crime a problem for tourism - Zuma

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics South Africa: Crime a problem for tourism - Zuma

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

South Africa: Crime a problem for tourism - Zuma

Link to this post 29 Mar 09

Crime a problem for tourism - Zuma

March 03 2009 at 04:06PM
Related Articles

* More muggings on Lion's Head
* SA among top 20 most dangerous places
* Tourists held up at Lions' Head, arrests made

Crime remains a thorn in the side of the tourism sector, ANC president Jacob Zuma said in Johannesburg on Tuesday.

Addressing the Tourism Business Council of SA (TBCSA), Zuma said criminality was a reason people thought twice about visiting South Africa.

"Our view is that we should eradicate criminality," he said.

"We need to align the justice system to deal with what is regarded as weaknesses to ensure that... it is able to support the various departments, to ensure that crime is dealt with.

"That will include a glance at our laws, whether our laws are in keeping with the demands to eradicate crime.

"We are dealing with an abnormal situation in terms of the rate of crime, whatever we do should reflect that," Zuma said.

He was addressing the TBCSA in Sandton, Johannesburg, on issues facing the tourism sector and its potential for growth.

Zuma was accompanied by ANC treasurer-general Mathews Phosa.

Attempts to get comments from the African National Congress president on the release from prison of his former financial adviser, Schabir Shaik, were unsuccessful.

Shaik was released on medical parole in Durban on Tuesday. - Sapa

www.iol.co.za

Link to this post 30 Mar 09

Maybe Nairobery is in 1st place...?

Don't make me nervous............I am planning to get back in Sep and would love to drive
to Rest. Mediterraneo again and also visit the craft's market village...............

Seriously - do you think Nairoby is worse?

Nairobi has become a joke! Make sure to travel at night with doors closed and with a taxi. It is not as bad as that as most situations occur on the outskirts of town where the rich live - they are the ones who get mainly effected.
Just do not go around with gold etc on arms and neck.... or show too much money if you know what I mean when walking around town.
I have never ever had problems in Nairobi or Mombasa but I do not go out looking like Mr Armani either.

Link to this post 31 Mar 09

Cody

We always engage KENATCO for our transfers etc. and we look like regular safaristi: slacks and shirts - nothing fancy.
I refuse to let bad guys have an impact on to our holiday experience means being trapped in a hotel and not leaving it because of "fear".

Sh$$ happens all over the world and we have never felt "threatened" in Nairobi. But our last visit was in 2007 and it might have gotten worse...........

Link to this post 01 Apr 09

I always use Kenatco as well when I do not have my own car in Nairobi. I have the same attitude -

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics South Africa: Crime a problem for tourism - Zuma